Monday 1 June 2009

Interview with Richard Dawkins

This interview was carried out on the 29th May, via telephone.
It has taken Doctor Pon a while to type it, because he is lazy.
Some content has been edited to ensure Doctor Pon doesn't get in trouble with his girlfriend, his wife, or receive letters from various solicitors or Christopher Hitchens.

Richard Dawkins (RD): Hello?

Doctor Pon (DP): Hello, am I speaking to Richard Dawkins?

(RD): Ummm, no actually. Can't you tell from my voice? I'm obviously female. And can't you tell from the phone book entry on your mobile? The one that says ********, we were just talking about this. Is our whole relationship based on lies and ignorance?

(DP): No petal... Well, some of it may be. But you know I'm not very good at using a phone.

(not RD): Ask John to help. Is he there?

(DP): Yeah, he is. See you tonight then.

(not RD): Bye.

Second phone call

(RD): Yo, who dis is? Who dis?

(DP): It's yo' boy DP. Keepin' it real since back in the day. (continues like this for ages. Far too much to type)

(DP): So, would you challenge God to a fight?

(RD): I'm not a violent person really.

(DP): Could you beat Christopher Hitchens in an arm wrestle?

(RD): I think so, but only becuase he is always smoking. I would take advantage of addictive habit to distract him, or wait until he's out of breath.

(DP): Daniel Denett has got a great beard.

(RD): Yes. That's not really a question is it though Doctor?

(DP): OK, I'll rephrase it. Do you think Daniel Denett has got a great beard?

(RD): Fuck yeah!

(DP): Is God great?

(RD): Well, He's alright really. I just wrote those books as a bit of a laugh, just a bit of an in-joke between me, the Father and JC.

(DP): How about Vishnu?

(RD) Never met him.

The rest of this article has been cut for being libelous. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment